There is a good reason why fruits should be in our diet: they provide the nutrients we need to stay healthy. However, this time we want to suggest some fruit masks that helps you to have a smooth face that you will love. They are great for getting the benefits of those fruits that you may not like too much.
Fruit masks contribute directly to the removal of dead cells from the surface of the skin and when these accumulate in great quantity, they can cause stains, acne, and blackheads.
1. Pear and lemon juice
The first of the fruity masks is an excellent combination to combat oily skin. The pear has astringent properties that give your skin a proper cleaning and essential to decrease the production of the sebaceous glands.
- 1 pear without shell
- The juice of 1 lemon
- In a blender place, the pear cut into pieces with the lemon juice and mash until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- Apply the mask on your clean face and let it act for 15 minutes.
- Remove with cold water.
- This mask is great for keeping dry or mixed skin under control.
We recommend that you apply it at night to avoid sun spots on the skin caused by contact with the lemon. It is also important that you use sunscreen.
2. Apple and witch hazel
The minerals, vitamins, and antioxidants of the apple are perfect elements to contribute to the care of the skin. In addition to eating an apple a day, you can use it in the second of our fruit masks.
You may also like to read: 4 aromatic baths and natural softeners
For its part, witch hazel stimulates blood circulation, which makes your skin look healthier.
- The juice of 1 apple
- 2 tablespoons powdered witch hazel (20 g)
- In a bowl mix the apple juice with the witch hazel powder and stir well.
- With the help of cotton, apply the mixture on your skin.
- Leave on for 20 minutes before removing with warm water.
3. Papaya and Mango
Both papaya and mango are perfect to fight against acne so it is useful in young skins that have the first outbreaks.
- 1 tablespoon papaya pulp (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon mango pulp (10 g)
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- In a bowl mix, all the ingredients until a homogeneous mass are obtained.
- Apply it on your clean face and let it act for 20 minutes.
- Rinse with fresh water.
- For best results, repeat once a week.
4. Orange and honey mask
The orange has cooling properties, something that makes it useful for facial treatments on any skin type regardless of age. You can use this face mask throughout the year without affecting your pocket or skin type.
- 3 tablespoons honey (75 g)
- The juice of 1 orange
- Add honey and orange juice in a saucepan and heat over low heat.
- When the first has been melted and mixed with the juice, remove from the fire.
- Apply this mixture on the skin of your clean neck and face with the care that it does not enter the eyes.
- To emphasize the effect, when spreading the mask on your face, tap the fingers with a soft touch.
- Leave on for 20 minutes and then remove with cotton and warm water.
The fourth of the fruit masks is much less aggressive than lemon but equally effective if you seek the astringent effects of citrus.
5. Banana and honey
The banana contributes to the dry complexion regain its natural shine while combating the dryness of the skin.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon honey (25 g)
- 1 tablespoon yogurt (12 g)
- Blend the three ingredients until a homogeneous paste is obtained.
- Apply this mixture on your skin. Let it act for 15 minutes and rinse with warm or cool water.
6. Oats and bananas
With this mask, you will be able to exfoliate your skin and give it an extra softness. Banana is a nutrient rich fruit that helps conserve the skin’s natural moisture, preventing problems of dryness.
By combining it with oats, you get a delicate scrub capable of removing impurities and give your face a renewed look.
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon oats (10 g)
- Grind the banana with a fork and add the oats.
- Mix well until a thick paste is obtained.
- Wash your skin and spread the paste over your face and neck with circular massages.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- To achieve better results repeat the process 2 times a week
The last of our fruit masks is suitable for all types of skins. If your skin is delicate and you have problems finding products that do not damage it, this may be the option you are looking for.
Final recommendations when applying fruit masks
- Remember to wash the ingredients very well to remove any impurities that may affect your skin.
- Before performing any facial treatment it is advisable to make a previous facial cleaning with steam to open the pores and accentuate the effect provided by the fruit masks.
- Remember to rinse these treatments with plenty of warm or cold water.